Meet the Team
Paying it Forward
• After working for a national home builder in Orlando for a couple of years, Alex decided it was time start his own business - Skobel Development Inc. • Alex loved living in Gainesville as a student and Loree (his future wife) was still studying at the University of Florida and so Alex decided to start the business in Gainesville. (Alex designed the original logo too.)
• Skobel Homes expands into Orlando with the addition of Bella Lago and Vista Grande communities. • Alex Skobel accepts the Builders Challenge Designation Award recognizing Energy Leadership in Home Building from Samuel W. Bodman, the U.S. Secretary of Energy.
• Alex's parents, Barry and Maya, move to Gainesville to participate with the family business. Barry, a former ENT doctor who did his residency at UF Shands provides a watchful eye over the business. Maya, a former interior designer, helps with the design.
• Skobel Homes expands with the addition of Hawks Ridge and Baywood communities in Alachua.
The Skobel Homes Story
• Alex Skobel is an undergraduate student at the University of Florida and decides that he wants to become a home builder and run his own home building business in Florida. • He pursues a Bachelor of Science in Finance from the Warrington School of Business and a Masters in Building Construction from the Rinker School of Construction.
• After graduation, Alex began working as a Superintendent for a national home builder in Orlando. Over the next couple of years he oversaw the construction of 4 story luxury condo buildings, building a total of 160 units.
• Alex's brother, Michael, another Gator grad, moves back to Gainesville and starts Skobel Law. Skobel Law specializes in real estate law, association law, and transactions.
• Skobel Development begins to build homes in Willow Oak Plantation in Gainesville. • Loree becomes a licensed Realtor and begins to sell Skobel Development homes.
• Skobel Homes expands with the addition of the Campo Verde community in Gainesville and the Belmont Community in Jonesville.
• Willow Oak Plantation becomes the #1 Selling Community in Gainesville. • Skobel Development rebrands itself as Skobel Homes.
• Skobel Homes expands with the addition of the Grand Preserve and Brytan communities in Gainesville and the Pradera community in Archer.
• Skobel Realty is Founded with Loree as Broker and Owner. • Loree is ranked the #1 Realtor in Gainesville in terms of market share.
• Alex's brother, Adam, a UCF alumni, moves to Gainesville and starts Starr Property Management. Starr Property Management works hard to keep our communities looking beautiful.
• Skobel Homes sells its 100th home. • Grand opening of our new Belmont Model Home. • Skobel Homes expands with the addition of the Ridgemont, Madera, and Stonecrest communities in Gainesville. • Skobel Charitable Foundation is Founded.
• Grand opening of our Brytan Model home and introduction of our new 2 story courtyard floorplan collection.
• Our Belmont and Willow Oak Plantation communities were completed and sold out.